The best things in life are free and they are usually the little things. Making a list like this on your own will help you realize what it takes to make joy in your heart! Think about what makes you happy. Wow, since getting cancer, I see the birds, and hear the sounds.
Keep the list in a safe place, and add to it when you become aware of something that gives you joy.
Oh and of course, I love Facebook!
1) When I wake up in the middle of the night hearing that bullfrog croaking and I know its spring. I MADE it!!
2) Hearing people laugh. Shawn Achor had the show on happiness and I still laugh when I think about it. “Put a pencil in your mouth and bite down. Your brain doesn’t know the difference between that and a smile. It releases endorphins and that brings joy!
3) When I get extra cherries and I eat them right out of the jar.
4) When I wake up and myYorkie is staring me in the face….she is just waiting for me to stir so she can lick me all over and I laugh.
5) I love giving tips 20% or more and seeing the joy it brings my hairdresser!
6) Learning something new and interesting.
7) Every day I randomly tell at least one woman to get her mammogram, that I did, and it saved my life!
8) Big trees. I love trees blowing in the wind…strong beautiful trees rooted to the earth in power.
9) A call from my friends…I love it when they call me.
10) Counting my blessings. Posting a gratitude list on the back of the bathroom door, and reading it on the pot!
11) Really hot water in the shower and in the tub.
12) Sleeping…I love to sleep. I love my electric blanket.
13) My school work……….I love learning.
14) Being able to pay my bills!
15) Decorating my house. I love to buy fixers and fix em up!
16) Taking care of myself!
17) Picking classes for my degree program.
18) Going out to lunch with a guy and he opens the door for me.
19) Helping someone, with a little problem, or a big problem… it doesn’t matter.
20) Standing up for myself. Even though that’s really hard for me sometimes.
21) Having my friends visit me.
22) People who know when to let it go.
23) Reading books, magazines and more books.
24) Traveling somewhere I’ve never been before.
25) Listening to music. Playing my mandolin and keyboard when I am buy myself. Just pretending to be a musician!
26) I love going to bed.
27) The smell of the barn. No kidding!
28) Fresh flowers, roses preferably, but tulips, daffodils, sunflowers…I love flowers.
29) Tea, tea stores, and relaxing with a hot cup of tea and a good friend.
30) My grandchildren
31) Feeling love in my heart even if everyone is upset with me.
32) Children…..I love all kids.
33) The smell right after the rain and rainbows…who wouldn’t love a rainbow ?
34) Candles, lace curtains, and big stuffed cushiony furniture!
35) Laughing at myself. Just knowing my cancer is gone, and thanking God everyday that I live now is a gift.
Loving myself has been a big journey. Accepting others, right where they are and with what they want…the biggest gift!
Letting it all go, and living in the moment. Even my physical therapy exercises!
Have a good night, Hugs to everyone.